Artisan sweet pastes
You will think that making butter cookies is not so bad, that it is simply about mixing flour, sugar and butter, but in my experience the proportions are everything and the treatment too.
The result varies considerably depending on whether we use one amount or another of butter with respect to the flour and several "tricks" must be taken into account.
The end result is a crisp, brittle and very tasty cookie.
I can only tell you that the recipe is very easy and that there can be no excuse for not preparing them. So you can enjoy at home some quality homemade cookies.
Delicious and very easy to make, they are ideal for a snack, with a coffee or tea ... or to drink at any time.
I leave you how to make butter cookies similar to Danish pastries. I am sure that if you dare to prepare them the result will surprise you.
Preparation of the shortbread dough
• In a bowl we put the butter at room temperature cut into small cubes and add the sugar.
• Mix well with a fork until a thick cream forms and the sugar is incorporated.
• Add the vanilla essence and beat until incorporated.
• We add the flour and with the help of a wooden spoon we begin to stir trying to integrate it with the butter.
• When we see that the spoon no longer serves us to continue gathering the ingredients, we continue with our hands.
• The texture is like crumbs but with our hands we will compact the dough until it becomes a ball.
• To make the process easier, I have prepared the dough to be able to cut it with a knife and not have to stretch it with a roller to use cutters.
• So the work is much less and the appearance will be of a rustic cookie. We cut the dough into two halves and we give them an elongated shape.
• Shaping shortbread cookies
• We wrap each part in a plastic wrap as forming a candy.
• We keep the packages in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours until we see that the dough is hard.
If we wanted to use cutters or cookie molds, we would remove the dough from the refrigerator when it was more or less compact.
• Not totally hard, and with a kitchen roller we would stretch it and cut it with the cutters. If the dough is very hard, it is impossible to roll out.
• Baking and final presentation of cookies
• We remove the dough from the refrigerator. We remove the plastic wrap and with a knife we cut the cookies with a thickness of more or less ½ centimeter.
• While the oven heats up to 200º C with heat up and down, store the cut cookies in the fridge so that they harden again. It is very important to prevent the cookies from warping during baking.
• We place the cookies in the oven on a baking paper, leaving a little space between them. We sprinkle with sugar.
• Bake (middle tray with heat up and down) in two batches for approximately 12-14 minutes, the first 5 minutes at 200º C, and the last 8-10 at 180º C.
• It depends a lot on your oven, but make sure they start to brown around the edges.
• We leave a few minutes in the tray itself so that later they are easy to handle and do not break.
• We remove the tray from the oven and, with great care and the help of a spatula, we place them on a rack until cool.
• When the cookies come out of the oven they are very soft and it is very easy for them to break, so we have to take special care when handling them.
Once cold they harden. With this recipe you will get about 30 units